Valley Pool-Pool Store

May 18, 2015
pittsburgh pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've ordered a Taylor k2006, but in mean while had to test water.

Took to local valley pool and wonder do their numbers even tie to what suggested numbers are??

For TA it says recommended 120-180 for CA it says 30-100.

Are their numbers so that we cant actually figure anything out on our own?? anyone else ever experience this?

This is another classic case as to why pool store testing cannot be trusted. And, yes, lots of us have experienced this before we found TFP. Pool store testing is a loss-leader, meaning its purpose is to get you to buy all sorts of needless chemicals and to condition you to rely on them.

Congrats for ordering one of the recommended test kits. It is an investment that will provide many returns by not only saving you $ on chemicals but helping you achieve a sparkling pool as well.

This is another classic case as to why pool store testing cannot be trusted. And, yes, lots of us have experienced this before we found TFP. Pool store testing is a loss-leader, meaning its purpose is to get you to buy all sorts of needless chemicals and to condition you to rely on them.

Congrats for ordering one of the recommended test kits. It is an investment that will provide many returns by not only saving you $ on chemicals but helping you achieve a sparkling pool as well.

Thanks. I didnt know if I was crazy as the pool store was leading me to believe :)

Been lurking for a while here but the last trip/experience gave me the push I needed.

21 welcome to TFP--I was in the Valley Pool store in Greensburg yesterday to pick up some hardware (The only thing I go to a Pool Store for). While waiting to check out, I overheard a gentleman who was bringing in some water for testing. He explained to the gal behind the counter that he was not having any luck clearing up his pool with the supplies (I'll call it junk) he was sold the day before. When I was leaving, he was also walking away from the counter. I suggested to him he come to TFP and check it out. I'm sure you aren't the same person, but one by one TFP is winning people over!

21 welcome to TFP--I was in the Valley Pool store in Greensburg yesterday to pick up some hardware (The only thing I go to a Pool Store for). While waiting to check out, I overheard a gentleman who was bringing in some water for testing. He explained to the gal behind the counter that he was not having any luck clearing up his pool with the supplies (I'll call it junk) he was sold the day before. When I was leaving, he was also walking away from the counter. I suggested to him he come to TFP and check it out. I'm sure you aren't the same person, but one by one TFP is winning people over!
That wasnt me, but its nice to meet a fellow paer here! Can I ask where you go for your bleach/LC in PA?

I do have a box of chemicals to return to VP next week unfortunately :-( Do you use any algecide at all? I'm taking back the phos out and enzyme magic bs..

I buy my bleach at Costco/Sam's Club in the 3 pack box. (8.59/box) A couple of years ago, WalMart had their Great Value in a 3 pack as well and it was a great value! :grin: If memory serves me, the Great Value 3 pack sold for around 7.39. Haven't seen it there though for since that summer. That doesn't stop me from looking each time I'm in the store though. I only use algecide (polyquat 60) prophylactically in the fall when I am closing the pool.

I have used the method advocated here for 3 years and my water has been the best pool water in the neighborhood, since then. Unfortunately, for 5 years before that my liner took too much abuse from the "this and that" the pool stores sold me to "fix" my problems. That said, I just turned the filter on tonight after a liner replacement this week. I am in the process of getting everything back in order now. I plan to have it perfectly balanced again by tomorrow evening (I hope). I'm well on my way to the finish line already. :cheers:

yep yep yep Ace is good deal. I ordered 18 cases this year.
Kroger also has a good deal . 121 oz 8.25% 3.29, but if you buy 3 you get a $1 coupon off on next purchase ( if more leach then lowers it to $2.96) and if u have Kroger card for seniors it takes another 10% off so net out at $2.67. Not as good as Ace but good option.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey 21, I'm right off 43. I hit up Ollies in Belle Vernon and Uniontown. Got 30 gallons of 12% for $2.99.

Way to go!!.... GOT BLEACH!
attachment.php

Nice. Is that sale price or regular?
Im new to this, will i go through 30 gallons in a season?
How much you need depends on lots of factors. Like amount of sun light, organic stuff in pool or not, people usage, size of pool etc. As summer gets hot you will use more. Measure and ck with good test kit as recommended here at TFP. you might have some times when 1gal will last for 3 or 4 days a little at a time and other days when its a full gal day. enjoy...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.