Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lil help

1. Back To Top    #1

Lil help

Ok, I admit it. We were just too excited, and went swimming prematurely. I knew the pH would be low, and the chlorine would be high, but we couldn't stand it. Tonight I wanted to test and properly balance.

Test results:
    FC 7.5
    CC 0.5
    ph 7.2
    TA 40
    CYA 40-50 (RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE)
    CH 125

I know there is an order to balancing this. IIRC I read somewhere that TA should be balanced before ph? I'm about to get my tablet so I can search and read a little better. Any advice would be appreciated!
    25,000 gallon IG with vinyl liner. Not sure how old it is. Sand filter, not sure what brand/size, Hayward Super Pump c48k2n143b1. I have a Polaris 180 cleaner on it's last wheel (haha). I'm still not sure about water restrictions, but haven't gotten any hate mail about the amt I used last summer. I absolutely LOVE my TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lil help

Just raise TA up to around 70 or perhaps 80 and you will be fine. The PH will probably come up on it's own. Everything else is fine where it is now.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Your pH is already in the safe zone. Just add some baking soda to get TA to 70 and call it good.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Well darn, everyone beat me to it....
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Richard, you're ok with me, I don't care what these other guys say about you!

6. Back To Top    #6

Jason, I missed your post. Richard, you're too slow!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys