Walmart warning....

Aug 19, 2014
Shallotte, NC
Our local Food Lion has 8.25% bleach for $2.47/"gal." Walmart "dropped" their prices in an apparent match, yet upon closer inspection, they had substituted a 6% bleach.

Upon checking, we discovered Walmart does not price match with their own in-house brand. IOW, they will price match with another store for a name brand (i.e., Chlorox), but not their in-house "Great Value" brand vs. whatever the other store carries. This holds true for their "Savings Catcher" app, too.

Just me, but I'm calling, "Bogus!"

Well, I must have missed the sale at Food Lion. The shelf was wiped out, but they were now priced at $2.99. As an aside, the Food Lion close to me is a very nice store, but where are the customers? The only register they had open was the customer service desk and you could fire a cannon through the place without hitting anyone. I wonder if Publix moving into the area is hurting them?

No, this is more than three months. Publix has been in the Columbia area for years, but opened new stores out west by me within the last couple of years. It takes a while, but Publix dives other "normal" competitors out of markets. They will never compete with the Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Aldi or even WalMart's of the world but the regular grocery stores start a decline when they move into a market. Winn Dixie and Albertsons all over Florida have just gone away. Now that they are in North Carolina competing with Harris Teeter it is going to be a battle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you checked the big box home improvement stores for 12.5% LC at all?? Sometimes this time of year hey have sales. Just have to make sure it is fresh. Probably not as big of an issue there as in the Midwest. May cost a bit more but use less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked the big box home improvement stores for 12.5% LC at all?? Sometimes this time of year hey have sales. Just have to make sure it is fresh. Probably not as big of an issue there as in the Midwest. May cost a bit more but use less.

Just because of unknown handling and storage issues with the big box guys and higher % chloriniating liquid I shy away from them. I know the bleach at WalMart is fresh and true to the %

Just because of unknown handling and storage issues with the big box guys and higher % chloriniating liquid I shy away from them. I know the bleach at WalMart is fresh and true to the %

I always check the dates, even on the Clorox ones at Sam's club. I do not use that much bleach/LC though. Just use until I get warm enough to effectively use my SWG and as a slight supplement if it gets really hot and sunny as the PB undersized my cell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.