Help with Jandy Valves

Jun 3, 2013
All the return water is going into my Spa and from there into the pool. I am pretty sure that the water is supposed to go at least some of the time to the floor jets (i.e. into the pool). The jets are not coming up. I see that the Jandy Valves are on toggle setting 1 (up). But the valves are positioned facing off to the pool return. Is this a clue to the problem or am I just hopelessly lost?

Assuming the water is coming from the bottom of the picture, the right valve has the pool return/cleaner turned off so only the spa return is on.

If you flip the switch on the right actuator does the valve turn?
If so, you need to look at how your automation is programmed and for that I am no help :D

I flipped the switch on the right actuator. Nothing happened. The pump is still on.

- - - Updated - - -

The suction valve is on pool. The skimmers are drawing water fine. The spa is clean but the pool is cloudy.

Cloudy water is more likely a chemistry problem than circulation/filtration.

Possible actuator problems in order of likelihood:
-chewed wire
-bad actuator
-bad controller in automation

does your spa overflow into your pool? i have a similar setup where i have a manual valve that i can adjust between spa and pool returns - usually i split the difference so i get a bit just to make my overflow work but still get some circulation in the pool. the two electric valves you're picturing are also (sort of) in similar location to mine but those arent the ones i mess with to change the flow. im out of town or i'd post a pic for you. it very well could be that your two electric valves are in reverse position but i can't say for sure. when you go into spa mode, do the valves change?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.