Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with Jandy Valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with Jandy Valves

All the return water is going into my Spa and from there into the pool. I am pretty sure that the water is supposed to go at least some of the time to the floor jets (i.e. into the pool). The jets are not coming up. I see that the Jandy Valves are on toggle setting 1 (up). But the valves are positioned facing off to the pool return. Is this a clue to the problem or am I just hopelessly lost?
    30,000 gal in ground. Kidney shape, DE filter, Jandy Valves, Aqua Link RS8, Raypak 406A, Dover MA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with Jandy Valves

Welcome to TFP!!!

Adding a picture of your setup might help.

I would guess your RS8 is supposed to be turning the valves depending on the mode it is running in.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

pool return valves.jpgGood idea - thanks. These are the return valves
    30,000 gal in ground. Kidney shape, DE filter, Jandy Valves, Aqua Link RS8, Raypak 406A, Dover MA

4. Back To Top    #4

Assuming the water is coming from the bottom of the picture, the right valve has the pool return/cleaner turned off so only the spa return is on.

If you flip the switch on the right actuator does the valve turn?
    If so, you need to look at how your automation is programmed and for that I am no help
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe this is better:pool setup.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

What is the position of the suction valve? Can not see if it is on pool or spa.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

I flipped the switch on the right actuator. Nothing happened. The pump is still on.

- - - Updated - - -

The suction valve is on pool. The skimmers are drawing water fine. The spa is clean but the pool is cloudy.

8. Back To Top    #8

Cloudy water is more likely a chemistry problem than circulation/filtration.

Possible actuator problems in order of likelihood:
    -chewed wire
    -bad actuator
    -bad controller in automation
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

does your spa overflow into your pool? i have a similar setup where i have a manual valve that i can adjust between spa and pool returns - usually i split the difference so i get a bit just to make my overflow work but still get some circulation in the pool. the two electric valves you're picturing are also (sort of) in similar location to mine but those arent the ones i mess with to change the flow. im out of town or i'd post a pic for you. it very well could be that your two electric valves are in reverse position but i can't say for sure. when you go into spa mode, do the valves change?
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.