Crack in tile and below

May 16, 2015
WI
Vinyl pool 18x36 25k gallon Wisconsin

Noticed some hairline cracks that go from the tile area to just below the water line. Any suggestions, just possibly try to fill a bit with silicone or this may be more serious?

Pool was built in 1984. Liner was replaced about 13 years ago and does not go all the way up to top of pool, liner goes up to only a certain point as you can see in the 2nd picture.

Thanks
Jenny

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 34
  • liner.jpg
    liner.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 33
Looks like your liner is getting brittle and I would be surprised if you're not losing water already or getting water behind the liner. 13 years is quite a long time for a liner. Start pricing out (and saving for) a replacement liner.

Any water loss?

Looks like your liner is getting brittle and I would be surprised if you're not losing water already or getting water behind the liner. 13 years is quite a long time for a liner. Start pricing out (and saving for) a replacement liner.

Any water loss?

Just curious to know, were you able to tell from the picture the liner is getting brittle or just because its so old?

When a liner gets replaced its just the vinyl portion correct, not that area of my pool that has that tile and I guess thats the white plaster thats between the liner and tile?

I havent done a bucket test yet. Last year I noticed maybe a little bit of a loss but with a new filter, it all seemed ok.

Thank you for the reply

Jenny

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.