First week chlorine levels with SWG

May 16, 2015
Pooler, GA
Hello,

I would like to start swimming immediately once my pool is full if I can.

I plan on having a tap water day once it is full and then test and add chemicals that first evening to bring it somewhat close to ideal parameters. I'll probably keep everyone out the next day, and on day 3 add salt and have a diamond party. Day 4 my SWG will turn on for the first time.

My question is, what should I be doing with chlorine over these days. I am going to add enough cya to bring my level up to 70 on the eve of day 1, but I know it takes a week to dissolve.

I assume it will go up fairly linear.
0 day 1,
10 day 2,
20 day 3, etc.

Should I be matching my chlorine to this using the target fc on the best guess chart? That is up until my chlorine is at 5, then let the SWG take over trying to keep it at 5.

So
day 1 TC 2ppm cya 0 adjust ph add cya,
day 2 TC 2ppm cya 10,
day 3 TC 3ppm cya 20 salt added,
day 4 TC 4ppm cya 30 SWG on,
day 5 TC 5ppm cya 40,
day 6 TC 5ppm cya 50,
day 7 TC 5ppm cya 60,
day 8 TC 5ppm cya 70,
day 9 start fine tuning.

This sound like a good plan?

The CYA will not likely rise linearly like that. I think it is more front loaded.

As soon as it starts dissolving, just raise the FC level up to keep it above the minimum for the non-SWG pool.

There really is no reason to keep people out of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.