Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Regulator for side burner?

1. Back To Top    #1

Regulator for side burner?

Grill came with NG regulator already attached. Called Lion and was told the side burner does not need to be regulated so I do not have to detach the regulator to connect the side burner. Does this sound right? Installation instructions for grill show side burner after the regulator as well. How did anybody else connect their equipment?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Regulator for side burner?

Does not sound correct. I would call back to Lion and ask for a revised schematic if it can be really before the regulator. What extra work is involved for you to plumb post regulator?
    20x44 IG vinyl. Intelliflo, Pentair Cartridge Filter (420ft^2), Raypac 336K, Kreepy Krauly

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jmhjgh View Post
    Does not sound correct. I would call back to Lion and ask for a revised schematic if it can be really before the regulator. What extra work is involved for you to plumb post regulator?
    Not a whole lot. Just have to disconnect regulator and put it on the main supply line.

4. Back To Top    #4

I bought a regulator that has two feed lines. Bottle, regulator, one hose to grill and one hose to side burner.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

5. Back To Top    #5

Contacted lion again and they said 99 percent of the time no regulator needed for side burner. If the flame is too big, I will need to move the grill regulator or buy another and install it.