Cartersville, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I know that there are threads regarding replacing gaskets and whether or not to use adhesive or silicone.
I was hoping to get a response from someone who may actually have the same multi-port valve and what they've done, but would appreciate any and all feedback.

Mine started leaking out the backwash line just a couple of years after install.
Installer came back out and replaced, I remember they told me I had to leave the pump off for a few hours to let the adhesive setup before I turned it back on.

I know everyone is divided on gluing or not gluing gaskets back in...the installation manual mentions them being installed with just silicone, but I continue to have issues with the backwash line leaking.

Now that its looking like my pool has finally started to clear up, I was trying to gather all I needed to know so I can fix this.

Thank you. At this point if really just like to know if just the magic lube the guy at Leslie's told me to use is really all I need. For any other multiport valve owners, is replacing these gaskets every few years just part of ownership?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.