Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spider Gasket replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Spider Gasket replacement

I know that there are threads regarding replacing gaskets and whether or not to use adhesive or silicone.
    I was hoping to get a response from someone who may actually have the same multi-port valve and what they've done, but would appreciate any and all feedback.

Mine started leaking out the backwash line just a couple of years after install.
    Installer came back out and replaced, I remember they told me I had to leave the pump off for a few hours to let the adhesive setup before I turned it back on.

I know everyone is divided on gluing or not gluing gaskets back in...the installation manual mentions them being installed with just silicone, but I continue to have issues with the backwash line leaking.

Now that its looking like my pool has finally started to clear up, I was trying to gather all I needed to know so I can fix this.
    20k gal, Plaster/Pebble, Pentair Tagelus Sand filter TA100D w/ TM-22 multiport valve;
    Intelliflo Variable Speed 3hp pump; Aqua Rite 25k SWG, Polaris 280 Sweep Vac

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spider Gasket replacement

Sorry no one has helped yet. Hopefully there's a pentair owner that can chime in soon.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Spider Gasket replacement

Thank you. At this point if really just like to know if just the magic lube the guy at Leslie's told me to use is really all I need. For any other multiport valve owners, is replacing these gaskets every few years just part of ownership?
    20k gal, Plaster/Pebble, Pentair Tagelus Sand filter TA100D w/ TM-22 multiport valve;
    Intelliflo Variable Speed 3hp pump; Aqua Rite 25k SWG, Polaris 280 Sweep Vac