Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Type of Salt For Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, Texas

Best Type of Salt For Pool

Later this week I am switching to a saltwater pool. What is the best kind of salt for my pool and where do I find it at the best price?
    The size of my pool in gallons 29,453. The pool is inground and Pebble Tec. I have a Pentair IC40 Salt Cell.
    The pool was finished and filled on 10/11/13 and I am using a TF-100 Water Testing Kit
    The pool has a "12" raised spa with a negative edge spillway. The pool cleaner is a Pentair Legion Platinum Grey

2. Back To Top    #2
    Edmond OK

Re: Best Type of Salt For Pool

I get Morton's pool salt at Wal Mart for $6.91 for a 40 lb bag. Academy Sports also has it for around the same price.
    6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Solar salt from any hardware store is cheaper than pool salt. Pool Salt is just ground up a little more.

Add the salt when the kids are playing in the pool, and they can get it dissolved ... Diamond Day
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Upstate, NY

Diamond Crystal Solar Salt from Home Depot, 5.38 a 40lb bag. You can't beat the product or price.
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)