Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool build Waterloo Canada

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build Waterloo Canada

Staring a thread to share my build. We are building a 16x32 kidney shaped pool about an hour outside of Toronto.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New pool build Waterloo Canada

Welcome to TFP!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    Welcome to TFP!
    Thank you! Looking forward to the discussion.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is the master plan.

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 3.59.47 PM.jpg

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

What a lovely layout! You can't beat the lines of a kidney shaped pool, although I wish someone would come up with a prettier name! I like how you bumped out the steps - no waste of swim space. Your deck is going to be awesome. Will the deck material be pavers?

Did you get an estimated finish time line? How's your weather up there? So many of us are getting tons of rain playing havoc with our pool builds.

Thanks for letting us watch your build thread! Don't forget... We love pictures. Take care! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by SuzfromTexas View Post
    What a lovely layout! You can't beat the lines of a kidney shaped pool, although I wish someone would come up with a prettier name! I like how you bumped out the steps - no waste of swim space. Your deck is going to be awesome. Will the deck material be pavers?

Did you get an estimated finish time line? How's your weather up there? So many of us are getting tons of rain playing havoc with our pool builds.

Thanks for letting us watch your build thread! Don't forget... We love pictures. Take care! Suz.
    Thank you. The deck attached to the house is existing. We have been told 6 weeks from the PB and that will include landscaping as well. So far they are two weeks ahead of schedule.

8. Back To Top    #8

Here are a few pics before the dig.
    Ok, that did not work. Will have to figure out later.

9. Back To Top    #9

10. Back To Top    #10

That is a great view and a great place for a pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

That really is a wonderful view. And I'm such a sucker for "Christmas" trees! What kind of trees are those and do they get to stay?

When you get a chance, add signature information about your pool to your thread - helps when your thread goes beyond one page. (I'm lazy and just get plain exhausted from having to use my weak little thumb to click back and forth between pages to remember pool specs!!!) Thanks for the picture! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

12. Back To Top    #12

Trees will stay. We will have a small shed in this area as well. I need to skip ahead a bit and ask for advice on liners. We have two choices in the following pics. Sand or blue mosaic tiles. Our house, deck and pavers will be similar in colour to the sand liner. We understand that a sand liner colour will be more Caribbean like vs a deep blue.
    IMG_7828.jpg
    IMG_7840.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Back To Top    #13

I love the sand/tan liners.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

My vote is for the blue. I think the blue will look nicer on the steps and any shallow areas. I don't know the depth(s) of your pool. That can make a difference.

As everyone says, it comes down to personal preference! Take care. Suz.

15. Back To Top    #15

I have started a sig file. Will add more later. Pool will be 8 feet deep with 3 foot shallow end.
    16x32 kidney shape, 8" deep end, 3" entry, 30mil liner, 4 deck jets, 4 LED lights controlled by iAqualink. Jandy LRZ 250 gas,Jandy 460 Cartridge filter, Jandy Aquapure salt, Jandy VS pump,

16. Back To Top    #16

Personally..... Nothing prettier to me than a blue, blue pool.....their suppose to look like that! But, that's just me.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!