Non stabilized puck for auto chlorinator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the tabs are just chlorine, I see no problem. Just watch the list of ingredients and know what you are putting in your pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
there are no "just chlorine" tabs. The chlorine needs something to bind to to stabilize it. CYA, calcium and lithium are the three things you will find in solid forms of chlorine.

there are no "just chlorine" tabs. The chlorine needs something to bind to to stabilize it. CYA, calcium and lithium are the three things you will find in solid forms of chlorine.

Very true.

I cannot easily find good info on the hth tabs in question. Again, know what you are adding to your pool. If you have low calcium fill water and are constantly adding calcium chloride and that is what is in the tabs, could help. Just be careful and keep a close eye on your test results. How are you testing your water?

The general consensus is going to be SWG or LC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks, I'm closing this thread to draw attention to a potentially very dangerous situation.

Putting cal hypo pucks into a chlorinator that has been used for trichlor pucks is a huge problem.

It can cause the chlorinator to explode. You should never mix chlorine types, and that includes using a different type of chlorine in a chlorinator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.