Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Central PA!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Central PA!

Hello everyone! My name is Mike and I reside in Central PA. We bought a home over a year ago with an in-ground pool and converted it to a SWG. We have had no problems, but I recently have been helping my mom with her above ground pool in Delaware. She has been battling algae for quite some time! After excessive googling, I stumbled upon this site and used the advice from people on here and happy to say, her pool is really clearing up! Sad to say, we both have been "pool stored" for a long time, but extremely happy we found this site. I'm learning so much from pool school already!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hello from Central PA!

Welcome to TFP! I am happy you found us and don't have to be pool stored anymore! Glad your Mom's pool is clearing! What test kit did you get?
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello back from Southern California.

Your test kit probably cost you less than one futile trip to the pool store, huh? Does this seem familiar?

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, I was stuck using Test strips, but have since ordered a TF100 kit with the K 1766 salt test. There is still plenty of work to do on her pool to get everything balanced, so it will def come in handy! Saw that you have a pool blaster max, how awesome is that thing? When I bought my house, they left it behind! Saves alot of work!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I just bought it and really like it! Since I can clearly see the bottom of my pool it is more convent to use it instead of putting the auto cleaner in the water. Auto cleaner works great to, but gets wrapped around my ladder sometimes

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear you ordered a great test kit!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome!! I'm Mike from central PA also.

7. Back To Top    #7

Moved here from DE a few years back! Best move I ever made! Checked out your posts, you have a beautiful pool and view. That in E-ville area?
    10k gallon IG with vinyl liner, SWG, MasterTemp 125 Natural Gas Heater, Hayward Cartridge filter, TF-100 Test Kit, Taylor K-1766 Salt Test, Pool Blaster Max, with water fall feature

8. Back To Top    #8

No. It's jersey shore. About 12 miles west of Williamsport PA.

9. Back To Top    #9

I moved to philly from Iowa in 2002 and moved up here in 2006.

10. Back To Top    #10

Welcome Mike! You'll never be pool stored again!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter