New pool liner?

May 16, 2015
Kamiah Idaho
When should a pool liner be replaced?

I have no idea how old this one is, almost all color is gone from the bottom, and there is one place it looks like there is a "fuzziness" to it in about a foot circle. So I know it needs done soon, but can it last this season, I really don't want to wait for the pool to warm up again this season it's almost swim able now. I know you can't tell from the picture, but there it is anyway:)
image.jpg

Liners slowly get more brittle as they age. At some point that will lead to a split/tear in the liner that is long enough to force replacement. Some people like to leave them in until they fail, others try to guess when their liner is about to fail so it can be replaced at a time of their choosing. Fading is only a very approximate indication of the need to replace the liner, as different types of ink fade at different rates. The average lifetime is roughly ten years, but there can be a lot of variation in that, with some liners failing much earlier and others lasting much longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.