1st results with SWG running

Re tested today:

FC - 12 I added a bunch of bleach the other day
CC - 0
TA - 100
CYA - 40
PH - 7.7

So the PH has risen due to the addition of PH increaser and CYA is moving in the right direction also, sock still in skimmer. Any thoughts?

So its been a week with the sock in the skimmer and I am still at 40 CYA should I put a second sock in my other skimmer for a total of 2 socks? Results are as follows:

FC - 5
CC - 0
TA -110
CYA - 40
PH - 7.5

I intend on bumping up the purifier number to 60% on the SWG given it is supposed to be in the 80s today. Appreciate feedback on the CYA.

Thanks

Even when that sock is empty it may take more time for the CYA to show up on your tests. Be very careful not to add too much CYA, because the only way to lower it is by draining water from the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And run pump continuously correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep I see it on pool school. Will add and run. So after 24 hrs should I test again?
If the sock is sitting in the skimmer, you need to keep the pump running until it's all dissolved. Otherwise, it gets too acidic inside the skimmer. Even after the sock is empty, it may not be completely dissolved and reactive, so you don't test CYA again until it's been in there a week. You're just wasting reagents testing it too soon.

If you need to shut the pump off for any reason, pull the sock and set it in a plastic bucket or tie it to a float of some sort and let it bob around in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.