Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suction Connections on New Ultraframe

1. Back To Top    #1

Suction Connections on New Ultraframe

I bought a new 18 ft pool to replace my badly rusted standard "Blue" intex pool. I figured it would hook up the same as the one I had, but was I wrong.

My new 18ft Ultraframe pool has two suction connections vs the single one my old one had. I have a hayward cartridge filter that I want to hard pipe to the intakes. Does anyone have experience hard pipeing to these crappy connections?
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Suction Connections on New Ultraframe

If you use the search box you will find any threads on hard plumbing an AG pool.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

I just bought a new 22' intex ultraframe pool and it didn't have that. But no, I have not dealt with those. If you want to use the intake like that style and not put a skimmer in as I just did, get a Hayward sp1023 with a screener sp1026 I think. If the pieces are molded in as it looks, just cut it out. I'd strongly advise on plugging that fitting and putting a skimmer in especially since you said you were gonna go ahead and hard plumb it. I sure wish I had done it long time ago.
    10k gallon 22' AG Vinyl, 2k got Cartridge Filter, Fresh water, BBB Method baby!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    I just bought a new 22' intex ultraframe pool and it didn't have that. But no, I have not dealt with those. If you want to use the intake like that style and not put a skimmer in as I just did, get a Hayward sp1023 with a screener sp1026 I think. If the pieces are molded in as it looks, just cut it out. I'd strongly advise on plugging that fitting and putting a skimmer in especially since you said you were gonna go ahead and hard plumb it. I sure wish I had done it long time ago.
    These have to be the worst connections I have seen. The box did not show the connections on it. I guess they are the reason. As a matter of fact the box labelling was terrible. Thanks for the input.
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Cut them out and replace them. I put in a Hayward return eyeball that came with my thru-the-wall skimmer.

25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchap View Post
    Cut them out and replace them. I put in a Hayward return eyeball that came with my thru-the-wall skimmer.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44...ps3a1c37f7.jpg
    Thanks. I think I'm going to do that. I see that for $46.99 I can get a framed copy of your photo from photobucket......Nice! LOL
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Hold on...

For $46.99 I'll sell you a much better photo than that!
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation