Alternative Pool Construciton Methods

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
I am starting this thread to ask what types of alternative in ground pool construction are you aware of that is currently being utilized in the industry outside of the common gunite, shotcrete, vinyl liner, pre-cast fiberglass pools, or buried above ground pools? In the past we have seen everything from repurposed steel landing craft to hybrid concrete pools with fiberglass walls used in swimming pool construction.

So what else is out there, and what are your thoughts on it as a viable alternative to conventional in ground pools?

Interesting you should ask this because I'm starting the long term planning of what I think will be an alternative pool. We have just purchased a house in the mountains that will become our retirement house in the next couple of years. The house is built on top of a hill with the main yard approximately 15 feet below. I'm thinking something like a concrete block wall with a vinyl liner inside. Gotta start doing some research.

Saw a pool that was cut out of limestone or granite - (like a quarry) on TV- dream home type show. It cost a fortune but was incredible! Heated, Lights, a waterfall, sloped access, about 30ft deep on deep end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.