I opened my pool yesterday and the water was clear but loaded with dead algae. I skimmed out a lot of it, brushed the walls and then shocked with liquid chlorine. Ran the filter for 10 hours. Woke up this morning and the water is completely cloudy, can see maybe a foot down. I tested water (only have ph and chlorine kit). The chlorine was in the normal range but ph very very high. I ran filter 10 more hours, changed and cleaned cartridges many times but I am still skimming up algae and seems cloudier .
I have 2 questions, should I shock again and what do I do abut the high PH level? Also, I still haven't vacuumed because I thought it would just clog it up, should I vacuum anyway?
Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. I never had any problems opening pool before.