Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is there any way to add a pressure gauge to a stock Intex 1500gph pump/filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is there any way to add a pressure gauge to a stock Intex 1500gph pump/filter?

Is there any way to add a pressure gauge to a stock Intex 1500gph pump/filter?
    6425g Intex Ultraframe 18'x48" AG
    Stock 1500gph cartridge filter / Intex SWG CG-28669 with E.C.O.
    Install date: 5/26/2015
    TF-100
    Helpful Links

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Is there any way to add a pressure gauge to a stock Intex 1500gph pump/filter?

I don't believe so. Only sand and DE filters can have gauges. I love my sand filter. Have you considered getting a sand filter?
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is there any way to add a pressure gauge to a stock Intex 1500gph pump/filter?

I have, eventually. I am about tapped out with additional costs right now. Probably in a few months.
    TF-100
    Helpful Links

4. Back To Top    #4

If the pump never came with it, why do you need it now?
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

5. Back To Top    #5

There are always ways, but I have to ask if it is worth it since those pumps can't develop much pressure
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

Just buy a 1/8" npt Guage and drill tap with some pipe dope. If there's not enough meat where you can put it, just drill a hole and thread a nut on the back side with a piece of rubber creating like a gasket.
    10k gallon 22' AG Vinyl, 2k got Cartridge Filter, Fresh water, BBB Method baby!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    There are always ways, but I have to ask if it is worth it since those pumps can't develop much pressure
    Exactly, so why bother to install one now?
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

8. Back To Top    #8

I had just read that a gauge is the best indicator to show when it is time to clean your cartridge.

I'm new to all this, so I'm just hanging on to advice I read in multiple places that seems to pass the common sense test.
    TF-100
    Helpful Links

9. Back To Top    #9

To be honest, the most practical way of gauging when to clean is to monitor the output force of the water coming out compared to the force when it's clean.
    10k gallon 22' AG Vinyl, 2k got Cartridge Filter, Fresh water, BBB Method baby!

10. Back To Top    #10

Agreed.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

I agree with FUBAR and Pool DV. I ignore my guage most the time. I just check the water flow coming from my return. If it slows, I backwash. In your case if it slows, change your filter.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

12. Back To Top    #12

Yeah, just put your hand in front of the output and before cleaning and than again after. You will see the difference and relate to that later.