Setting Up 20 Ft 52 In Vinyl Pool

Welcome to TFP!

First question I have is, do you have one of the Recommended Test Kits? Without a good test kit and the willingness to trust your own test results, we cannot give accurate advice on how much of what chemical to add.

Generally speaking, you want to make sure your pH is between 7.2 and 7.8. After that, you want to add chlorine and CYA to the water. But again, without test results, we cannot say how much of what to add.

BTW, are you in New Haven, CT or New Haven, KY? When most people see "New Haven", they will likely think of the city in CT. I would add the state to your location to clarify. Our advice often depends on the climate in your specific location.

You know you'll need bleach. And you know you'll need stabilizer because tap water has none. Beyond that, nobody knows without test results. Test strips don't cut it, nor do pool store results. Even if the store was right (less than 10%, I'd guess) they'll still sell you stuff you don't need, or stuff you do need at 4X what it costs at the grocery store. Order a test kit. Best investment you'll ever make for the pool. http://tftestkits.net/TF-100-Test-Kit-p4.html

Almost forgot.... Welcome :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.