Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pics of Installed Skimmer on new pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Pics of Installed Skimmer on new pool

Well after the great flood of 20 years took my 20' pool this winter, it was time for a new one. Got a heck of a deal on a 22' intex pool so we're back in business! That is after shoveling out about 20 truck loads of dirt (OK, not that much but I chose to dig out the base for the deeper pool instead of jacking up the deck) and redoing the deck to swallow the bigger radius and adding a cool skimmer.

So tired of dealing with the floating skimmer of the last pool I decided to do this one right! Went out and bought a Hayward Wide mouth skimmer from the local pool store (which she just about wouldn't sell me because "it won't work" on my intex pool.) I told her, "honey, I can just about make anything work and either you can sell me one or I can buy somewhere else." lol, I ended up buyinf it from her. Installed it and the outlet eyeball which is better than intex's too. Hard plumbed it to the filter with a ball valve and Soviet Union for ease of maint. In due time I'll replace that Mickey Mouse of a pump and filter (OK, the filter may be Mickey Mouse but that little pump sure moves the water. So much so I had to turn the eyeball more towards the center of pool to slow the circulation down so more surface debris could be caught.)

I have to say I'm ecstatic how it turned out as vacuuming is a breeze and the surface is crystal clean, AND I MEAN CLEAN!! and how yea, no leaks! So as promised on to the pics! (don't mind the debris, I hadn't vacuumed yet and dialed in the eye ball) And oh yea, I plan on installing a discharge hose on the old inlet, so I can regulate the water level. We get a lot of thunder boomers in this area.

10k gallon 22' AG Vinyl, 2k got Cartridge Filter, Fresh water, BBB Method baby!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pics of Installed Skimmer on new pool

Very nice! You should take pics to the girl who said it would not work,
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks and Haha. Nah, she is nice. Here's some pics of the flood..

4. Back To Top    #4

Very cool, nice handiwork.

How often do you have to clean that little filter, with all the trees around? I guess a skimmer sock would help your cause.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Honesty I don't really know yet as I've only had it up for less than a week. I can say for the first couple days after running it, all the poplar and sycamore tree polled was flying and it was pretty gunked up. Couple more days and a vacuum it really wasnt that bad. But the tree polled has started to die down. I've got socks, but only use them first the first and usually only dose of CYA. I've had those socks get so clogged that I almost burnt my pump up before. Gonna let everything settle out then raise the borates.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Wow! What a storm!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow, that is one heck of a flood. Glad you are back up and running. Neat setup you have.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks. And I have to add for anybody putting up a new pool like this one. I had to add a rope with a ratchet strap down towards the bottom of the frame feet (not pictured.) They kept wanting to walk out off my stones (outrigger support premise) even secured by the white ribbon. They used to come with a rope, but the manual now says "some models."

9. Back To Top    #9

Update. It's been a few days since installing the skimmer and here's a after shot. Mind you I have not skimmed or vacuumed at all and as you can see there are a ton of dropped flower pedals on the ground from all the poplar trees right next to the pool. Now I have been running the pump 24/7 for two reasons. 1 being I just added CYA and 2 to keep the debris collected till I get a good solar cover. Makes sense. Pick the stuff off the surface before it has a chance to sink to the bottom. Wife isn't happy about all this because I took her vac/skim job away, lol.

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Looks great!
    Lisa

11. Back To Top    #11

Mucho gracias