Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Above Ground Pool Advice - pool wall buckled over winter, local dealer baffled

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Need Above Ground Pool Advice - pool wall buckled over winter, local dealer baffled

I am hoping someone else has experience with this style of pool. Over our extremely harsh winter here in New England my pool walls apparently buckled under the load of snow, I guess I should have been clearing it off but honestly never gave it a thought because I haven't had to do it in the past, I was more concerned with my roof collapsing at the time and getting the 2ft+ of snow that had fallen over the course of a month off of there first!

Anyway, this pool was at our house when we moved in so I know very little about it and had to do some serious internet sleuthing to even figure out what it was. After my googling I believe it is an "Ambassador" pool and from what I understand it has a liner unlike any other.

I asked a local pool company to come take a look and their response was that they were not interested in the work because it was too difficult to work on, get parts, etc.

So me and a buddy cut the trashed liner away, pulled down the buckled wall and cut it up. Now what I am left with is the structure, which upon inspection is actually in pretty good shape.

Before I get to it with ripping out everything, I thought it was worth checking - does anyone know anything about this style of above ground pool? Is it worth trying to salvage? Are there dealers that will even sell walls and liners for this type of pool?

Hoping someone has seen this before as it seems the pool dealers around this area are baffled by it's design.

Thanks for your help.

Cam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24' Above Ground, 11,800 Gallons, Hayward XStream 150sq. ft. Cartridge Filter(CC1500), Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1.5HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need Above Ground Pool Advice - pool wall buckled over winter, local dealer baffl

Definately a common theme this year. I have friends in tyngsboro ma and 3 of the 4 AGP in the neighborhood all buckled with all the snow we got this year. Sorry I can't help. Maybe the guys at Namco in Nashua?
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Need Above Ground Pool Advice - pool wall buckled over winter, local dealer baffl

Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4

You might try calling Ambassador Pools and see if they have parts.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Have you tried calling Family Pools in Kingston?

http://www.familypoolsonline.com/

Tel. (603) 642-9909 • Fax (603) 642-9906
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html