Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opening pool and vacuuming crud

1. Back To Top    #1

Opening pool and vacuuming crud

I'm vacuuming debris from my Intex 22' pool and this sock fills up with junk pretty fast. If I'm vacuuming to waste, do I even need to use this piece?

Intex 22' x 52" - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump - flow rate: 2,150 gal per hour
    TFTest Kits TF-100
    Waiting to stop relocating until I build my dream pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opening pool and vacuuming crud

How fine is that sack? If there's a lot of crud on the bottom, it's not unheard of to have pine needles slip past the basket and clog up the pump impeller. Something to catch the worst of the big stuff is a good idea, but that looks a bit fine. I expect it would clog itself in minutes.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    How fine is that sack? If there's a lot of crud on the bottom, it's not unheard of to have pine needles slip past the basket and clog up the pump impeller. Something to catch the worst of the big stuff is a good idea, but that looks a bit fine. I expect it would clog itself in minutes.
    That sack is very, very fine. I don't have anything solid in the pool, just green stuff. There aren't any trees around. So vacuuming to waste should be fine?

Intex 22' x 52" - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump - flow rate: 2,150 gal per hour
    TFTest Kits TF-100
    Waiting to stop relocating until I build my dream pool!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by cfclay View Post
    That sack is very, very fine. I don't have anything solid in the pool, just green stuff. There aren't any trees around. So vacuuming to waste should be fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!