Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thru Wall Skimmer for Intex 26'x52"

1. Back To Top    #1

Courtland, MS

Thru Wall Skimmer for Intex 26'x52"

Hi Everyone!

We plan on going ahead and replacing our over the wall skimmer with a thru wall skimmer when we set our pool up in the next week. My question is for this size is the regular thru wall skimmer adequate enough or would we need to use a wide mouth skimmer? Most of the wide mouths are 14x14x8 and that seems fairly large to me! We are hoping to retain the water level as much as possible. I have been reading through all the installs of thru wall skimmers here but haven't noticed much mention on if it is wide mouth or not. I hope to order one tonight or tomorrow and get it on its way!

Thanks for any help and advice! I love this site and all the help it provides!

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Thru Wall Skimmer for Intex 26'x52"

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!