Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mamba Vacum used 6 times thrown across the yard dozens of times

1. Back To Top    #1

Mamba Vacum used 6 times thrown across the yard dozens of times

HELP!!
    Bought a Aqua Products Mamba a year ago and the stupid POC won't work!!
    This thing is about the worst vacuum you could buy. Anyone else have problems with this product??
    I have a Prima 52'', AGP that is 18x33, oval with a sand filter. My filter is 25'' 2.0hp with dual speed. the pool is 7 years old and was purchased at Atlantis Pools in Alton Illinois.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mamba Vacum used 6 times thrown across the yard dozens of times

I'm still manually vac'ing after all these years.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

<shrug> never heard of that one, but we *love* our Pool Blaster Max (quasi-manual) even though the first one crapped out after a year and a half.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

I have not heard of it either. I had the Pool Blaster and it worked fine for the year I used it. What problems are you having?
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

5. Back To Top    #5

That looks a lot like my Zodiac Wahoo cleaner.

It tool me a long time to get that thing to work right. They are pretty touchy, too much or too little suction and they don't work right. Either they don't move, or they go bananas and climb out of the pool (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

Before I hard plumbed my pool, I found I had to plug the hose directly into the skimmer. I could not use the suction regulator - it would not work.

After I hard plumbed the pool, the thing works so much better.

Thanks
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo