Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum adapter plate

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum adapter plate

I've never used an adapter plate to vacuum my pool. Actually today is the first time I've seen or heard of one. Anyway, does the plate fit to the bottom of the basket, or just wedge itself in the basket? dumb question, huh? The bottom of my basket is 6" and the smallest I find is 7 1/4. I don't know the make of my skimmer, but all other parts are Jandy.
    Inground 15x30 oval, plaster, 11250 gallons(?) with pool cage...jandy 100sq ft cartridge filter... SWG...Taylor K2006 Test Kit
    Located Apopka, Fl...Orlando area!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacuum adapter plate

The adaptor plate sits on top of the skimmer basket, so that if you vacuum up big stuff the basket catches it.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks tim5055.
    Inground 15x30 oval, plaster, 11250 gallons(?) with pool cage...jandy 100sq ft cartridge filter... SWG...Taylor K2006 Test Kit
    Located Apopka, Fl...Orlando area!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    The adaptor plate sits on top of the skimmer basket, so that if you vacuum up big stuff the basket catches it.
    Does it go on the basket or the floating weir inside of the basket. If my skimmer basket/weir is not labeled with the brand is there a generic vacuum adapter plate or are they all brand specific (i.e. I need to buy a new skimmer basket)?
    28,000 gallon in-ground freeform plaster pool with attached built-in spa
    Sta-Rite DuraGlass single speed 1HP pump - P2RA5E (Age Unknown)
    Pentair Tagelus 60d ClearPro sand filter (May 2016)
    Polaris PB4-60 booster pump (June 2014) for Polaris 280 (Age Unknown)
    Raypak propane heater (Age Unknown)