Introducing myself, will be opening my pool for the 1st. time soon

Teerump

May 13, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Tim, I'm located in Shelbyville, IN. It's just outside of Indianapolis. I'm a firefighter on the Indianapolis Fire Dept. We just bought a new house with an inground pool. I'm going to be opening it for the first time in a couple of weeks. I know I'm going to need lots of help and advice. I took a peak under the cover the other day, and it looks pretty bad. Lots of algae, green water. I'll post pics of my startup in a new thread when I get ready to open it.

Thanks,
Tim

Hey there from Georgia, Tim :)

You're going to need a GOOD test kit. This is a link to a comparative chart where you can see which ones we recommend most around here.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/124-pool-test-kits-comparison

If your pool is green I'd just go ahead and order the TF-100 xl and be ready for that opening. You'll need to bone up on some Pool School articles (link top right of page) and learn the ABCs of water chemistry, but heck, it was a lot easier than my learning the FD incident command system!

Yippee, not Skippy

Hey Yippeeskippy, thanks!
I've already ordered the Taylor K-2006 Kit. I'll update my signature with all my pool info when I get the exact numbers. Roughly it's a 17x33 rectangle, 20,000 gals. Any idea on how much chlorine and other chemicals I should start collecting?

I've been doing a lot of reading on here, but I know I'm going to have lots of questions.

If your talking about the NIMS, yeah it's a pain in the butt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.