Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Botched Plaster Job

1. Back To Top    #1

Botched Plaster Job

Had my painted concrete pool plastered, for the 1st time, in 2012. What a mess. Never should have done it. Plaster is now peeling and bulging in various areas around the pool and even the bottom row of tile has become loose in some areas. To top it off the sub-contractor that did the job has gone out of business and I only had a 2 year warranty anyway. We have no leaks as the underlying concrete is sound but, cosmetically, the pool looks awful in several locations. It's a 20X40 residential pool with an 8' deep end. What are my options and is anyone aware of any good honest contractors in maryland that would give me a fair price to get the pool up to snuff? Thanks, in advance, for any help anyone can be. New member.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Botched Plaster Job

Welcome to TFP!!!

Sounds like inadequate prep work was not done when the plaster was installed. Your only real long term option is to have all the plaster chipped out and a new surface installs.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!