Am I on the right track??

I need to order more reagent. I've been testing using the 10ml =.5 but I've been testing pretty much every 2 hours (except overnight) and haven't dropped below SLAM since starting Saturday. I probably only have enough left for a few more tests! What should I do in the meantime??

Ok, going to brush this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really appreciate all the hard work you are putting in. I am trying to help my mom with her pool and it looks nearly identical to yours. As she is two hours away from me, I am emailing her all of this info back and forth. She is in the same fight you are in right now, but you are doing great! Keep up the hard work

Thank you!! I just ordered 2oz of r-0871, so that should hold me for the next week lol.
I'm going to create a chart of all of my testing a over the last few days to see the pattern so I can keep my FC at slam.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!! Your mom is lucky to have you to guide her!!

I really appreciate all the hard work you are putting in. I am trying to help my mom with her pool and it looks nearly identical to yours. As she is two hours away from me, I am emailing her all of this info back and forth. She is in the same fight you are in right now, but you are doing great! Keep up the hard work

Did your mom get a good test kit for Mother's Day???? LOL

Kim

I just took a test at 12:30 and my FC is 18ppm. Does that seem right? It's been 4 hrs since I last tested and not very sunny. But only went down 3ppm with that green of a pool. I did only test 5ml = 1ppm since I'm so low on reagent. Could it just have been I messed up the test?

You will see it slow down as you get it done! Now you should start seeing a color change to blue. It will be slight. This is where a picture of the same spot where you can see (or not see) the ladders or stairs. That will help you and us see the changes as they happen.

Kim

That is a good difference right there! From the first to second and now this one-NICE!

It is clearing and starting to change over to blue. Now is when it seems as if it is slowing down BUT keep hitting it as hard as you can. You will find that you do not need to test as often because it will use less FC.

GREAT JOB!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm trusting you because I do not see any difference. lol. My mom is coming over to visit so I'm going to try to get her to watch the kids so I can brush and vacuum again. I'll test again at 3. That will most likely be it for the FC reagent. I did get an email that my refill is on it's way, and I'm only up the coast so hopefully soon. I'm pretty nervous about doing this without the test.

I'm trusting you because I do not see any difference. lol. My mom is coming over to visit so I'm going to try to get her to watch the kids so I can brush and vacuum again. I'll test again at 3. That will most likely be it for the FC reagent. I did get an email that my refill is on it's way, and I'm only up the coast so hopefully soon. I'm pretty nervous about doing this without the test.

I am making sure to look at your pics on the same computer so I can make sure to compare apples to apples. It IS getting better every picture!

kim

4:30pm FC 15ppm. Which is still above my SLAM target of 12ppm.
Husband's picking more bleach up on his way home from work so I can keep it up overnight. And we got a new pool brush so no more bristles falling off into the pool! :)

I am so extremely grateful for your help!

Im out of reagent until tomorrow, so fingers crossed. I added 60oz before bed, then another 60oz this morning. Here's what we're looking at this morning. I'm planning to brush and vacuum after the morning rush.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a smarter way to attack? Should I vacuum first then brush? Brush first? Then wait for the junk to settle then vacuum?

Well I've been flying blind without my reagent and the ability to test, BUT, still estimating how much bleach to use to stay at SLAM (probably overestimating just to be safe), brushing and vacuuming. Last night I added about 80oz of bleach before bed. This morning, I woke up to this!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.