Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to remove stuck hose?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to remove stuck hose?

I have a piece of flex hose on my pump that is so tight we cannot remove it. Yes we have loosened the hose clamp. I want to add a quick release union to make it easier to bring in for the winter, and for any future repair needs. Any suggestions short of cutting it off?

Johanna
    1984 vintage 16x32 Doughboy vinyl AG w/deep end, Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to remove stuck hose?

Large pair of slip joint pliers will do the trick. Just clamp around the hose and twist it a bit back and forth to loosen.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Channello...-430/100056995
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

3. Back To Top    #3

Warm up the hose with a heat gun or hair dryer. Be careful not to get the hose too hot.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Plumbers plyers would probably work.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    Plumbers plyers would probably work.
    Also know as slip joint pliers.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Lol ok, I did not know the technical name. I just know I use them all the time at my house for various things.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks everyone. I never did get the hose loose, but unscrewed the old fitting with the hose still on it. Had a spare hose and put the new fitting on that. We thought about a hair dryer. May give that a try. Or the pliers (whatever they are called!). Would like to have a spare hose on hand in case of emergencies.

Johanna
    1984 vintage 16x32 Doughboy vinyl AG w/deep end, Sand Filter