Thread: Could I be doing this right?

1. Back To Top    #1

Could I be doing this right?

I am a bit confused... Here are my results from today:

Ph: 7.5
    Ta: 100
    Ch: 275
    Cya: 20

Can that be correct? That my fc is 3 but cc is 0?

Yesterday my numbers exactly 24 hours ago are:

Cc: I didn't check
    I didn't add any bleach but I added 55 oz of liquid stabilizer. And the cya number didn't go up much. I am worried to add too much and have to drain part of the pool.

Last night we had bad rain storms. What am I doing wrong or what should I do at this point? I have read and reread the pool school but still bit confused. Also does the pump have to be running when I add the chemicals? Thank you all so much!
    5,700 gallon, Carribean Isle 15x52 Round Above Pool.
    Cartridge Filter.
    Installed Fall, 2014.
    North New Jersey
    Using the TF100 test

2. Back To Top    #2

Cedar Park, TX

Re: Could I be doing this right?

It takes a few days (a week maybe) for CYA to move - you definitely want to sneak up on that number. This is exactly what you want to see in regards to FC, a value in CC would indicate that something is growing. Yes the pump should be running for at least 30 minutes for a chem add. You want them to get mixed in.
    12600 gallons, 24 foot round above ground
    Hayward Sand filter, Hayward Powerflo 1.5 hp Single Speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Could I be doing this right?

No CC is good.

That much liquid stabilizer will only take you to about 30. If you're already reading 20 a day later, I wouldn't be too concerned. It should show closer to 30 in another day or two. And then you can add a little more.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!