Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex ECO is not ozone correct?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Pooler, GA

Intex ECO is not ozone correct?

I have done a ton of reading over a very short period, and may have gotten some facts mixed up. Still trying to sort this all out!

If I remember right, ozone is not that great to use on a residential level because it neutralizes chlorine to an extent.

I was looking into this SWG. It appears to be pretty new technology, and claims to have an ECO feature (Electrocatalytic Oxidation).

I tried googling this process, but get pretty lost in the scientific articles that pull up. This is not just creating ozone though correct? It is a different process?

Does this process essentially work, or at least not cause some other type of issue?

Also does this generator produce copper? Is there a way to unplug this feature?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Intex ECO is not ozone correct?

We have been unable to determine if the ECO feature is just fancy talk for what a SWG does in any case, or if they are talking about ozone.

The copper unit can be very easily unplugged, which we recommend doing.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School