I goofed a bit on my TA. How bad off am I?

May 26, 2013
Ottawa, On, Canada
So i went to the pool store as I needed CYA and I knew my Alk and Cal were a bit low. So I let them test my water and they agreed, Alk and Cal were low. They suggested 8 kg of Alk + (Baking Soda), and I bought it added it and forgot to check their math.... oops... Well it turns out they miss read my TA (it was 60 and they read 30), and they had their targe set to 120 where as I had a target of 80-90. Anyways now my TA is 140 :(

So the question is. I know it's high, but is it too high? Will it come down on it's own? If my PH is staying more or less stable is 140 ok? I'd really like to avoid the the whole adding acid and aerating thing if I can.

Plenty of people have fill water higher than that. Your pH may rise faster than it would if TA were in range. When it does, just add acid and TA will come down over time.

You know your vinyl pool doesn't need Calcium, right? If you bought some to add, you wasted money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.