Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum Cleaner Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum Cleaner Help

Hey guys my pool is looking much better now after getting my test kit and SLAM routine. The pool when we bought the house did not have a vacuum that came with it. Pool place was showing me a vacuum that hooked up to the skimmer line. They also said to buy the leaf catcher attachment to go with it. Before I buy something I was hoping to ask you guys first. Any recommendations and places to buy online? I have a Polaris but he is no good at getting the dirt.

Thanks!
    20 x 40 ft In-ground Pool, Vinyl Liner, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Cant read side of pump but will find out. They say 40000 gallons. No bottom drain. Just one skimmer line. Polaris installed.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacuum Cleaner Help

What Polaris do you have? I put a skimmer sock in the Polaris net and it vacuums all the sandy dirt in my pool. Best trick I learned on this site was using skimmer socks.
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vacuum Cleaner Help

Oh that would be great. Not sure how to tell which one I have its blue on top and white on the bottom. 3 wheels. I actually have a spare one in the pool room that works too. Both look like same model. No writing at all on them so again not sure of model
    20 x 40 ft In-ground Pool, Vinyl Liner, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Cant read side of pump but will find out. They say 40000 gallons. No bottom drain. Just one skimmer line. Polaris installed.