Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool chlorine generator dead...can I...?

1. Back To Top    #1

Circupool chlorine generator dead...can I...?

I am having issues with my SWCG...water fault readings, no water readings, sometimes it reads, but says I have low salt. Salt test strips say I am fine.
    The generator is about 8 years old and I am trying unsuccessfully to get it serviced and am pretty sure one or more things (cell, unit) need to be replaced. Am I ok to go to skimmer tablets until I get this thing fixed? The water is looking and reading fine right now, and I have been on tablets since I shocked it a month ago. What should I look out for doing this with balance and chemistry? Don't want to stay this way all season, but also don't want it to go green either...my local company who installed it isn't calling me back and the number on the generator to circupool is a machine that is not monitored obviously.
    I bought the house 4 years ago, so i didn't put it in. 14,000 fiberglass pool BTW. I think it's an RJ 30.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike in Saratoga NY
    14,000 gallon (33' x 15' 8") Saratoga fiberglass
    Hayward model SP1085 auto skim
    Hayward CL 200/220 ACF
    Hayward Clear plus C12002 Filter
    SWCG
    4 color fiber optic lights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circupool chlorine generator dead...can I...?

We would,need a full,set of test readings to advise if you should be using tablets, especially the current CYA level. What test kit do you have?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome, can you give us the following...
    FC
    Cc
    Ph
    TA
    Cya
    Ch
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Fcc - 5.5
    cc - 3
    ph - 7.5
    cya - 60
    ch - 300
    ta - 105
    Mike in Saratoga NY
    14,000 gallon (33' x 15' 8") Saratoga fiberglass
    Hayward model SP1085 auto skim
    Hayward CL 200/220 ACF
    Hayward Clear plus C12002 Filter
    SWCG