Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Testing FC during SLAM

1. Back To Top    #1

Auckland, New Zealand

Testing FC during SLAM

Hi all....starting my first SLAM today.

2 Questions.

1) Pool calc tells me SLAM FC is just 10.....I don't think I have read if anyone being that low? I am running with a level of 16, guessing that is ok?

2) When testing for FC with the DPD test in my TF100 and my speedstir.....when testing at low levels, the water turns clear and the test is done. At the higher levels the water will turn clear, and then within about 10 secs turns pink again. It is turning clear at a slightly lower FC that I think I have. Do I keep adding drops if it turns pink again this fast? Realize that it will turn pink again over time if left, but 10 secs seems fast.

Thanks....looking forward to seeing the results!!
    19K gal Fibreglass, Astral Pool Viron eQuilibrium Auto SWG, 3 Speed Astral Pool Viron Evo Pump, Astral Pool RX360 glass filter
    Starting off the New Zealand Summer!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Testing FC during SLAM

1) What is your CYA? That determines your shock FD level. You should not raise the FC level too high above your shock level as you can start to cause damage.

2) That is a bit quicker that I usually see. Are you doing the CC test right after? What are your CC levels as they could bleed over into the FC portion of the test.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!