Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AutoPilot and 2 speed pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Keller, TX (DFW)

AutoPilot and 2 speed pump

You seem to know a lot about the Autopilot systems. Can you tell me ig the DIG-220 controller also controls a 2-speed pump? I looked at the manual and it makes reference to an external timer. Sort of confused me?!?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: AutoPilot and 2 speed pump

Welcome to TFP!

The Dig-220 can be used with a 2 speed pump, but the Dig-220 alone does not give you complete control over the pump. The Dig-220 can be setup to either control the pump speed or to turn the pump on and off, but it can't do both. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish this is often sufficient.

An external timer is often used to control whatever the Dig-220 is not controlling. For example you can have an external timer control the pump speed and the Dig-220 turn the pump on and off. Or you can have the external timer turn the pump on and off and use the Dig-220 control the pump speed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Re: AutoPilot and 2 speed pump

Ditto what Jason said....
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators