What light for a saltwater AGP?

Apr 16, 2013
Eatonton Georgia
I'm wanting a light for my pool and as already stated in another thread here I may need some new gaskets in my return anyway. I'm not even sure I want a return light combo but some of the hang on ones I've seen on Amazon have gotten horrible reviews. I don't have to do Amazon but I've got " Prime" so I look there a lot first. One of the return light combos I saw was a Pentair and it looked good but something was said by a reviewer about it not being for use in a saltwater pool. I also couldn't see exactly what kind of return piping it accepted. I just hard piped everything to get away from hoses and used a 1and 1/2 inch MPT fitting to go into my present return. I mean what all are my options? Is the saltwater thing really an issue? Are the "hang over side" light all junk? Help needed from the experts please!

Sorry, I'm on my phone and don't see what kind of pool you have, if it's listed on your signature.

I would like a light for mine but I don't need one because we share a pole with the neighbor that lights up the pool area pretty nicely. It'd be nice though. I'll be watching this thread.

I would like a light for mine but I don't need one because we share a pole with the neighbor that lights up the pool area pretty nicely. It'd be nice though. I'll be watching this thread.

I'm looking at this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009NRR61C...UTF8&colid=29SOE7ZJ8KFKD&coliid=IPA1WO000NZNW The main reason being that the specs are clearly stated and I know it will fit my return plumbing that I just worked so hard to get done! There are no reviews but those things can be very subjective anyway.

I looked at the nightlighters or similar. What got me going on the return lights was that I need to replace my gaskets anyway. My wife doesn't think the color change is a big deal and at my kids age, I don't know whether it would impress them or not....LOL. Dang, I hate it when I can't make a decision.

I got the Aurora one that goes in and replaces the return. I need to replace the return gaskets anyway. Hope I made a right choice. I just decides I wanted a conventional light without colors and my wife agreed. I tried colored lights around an outdoor fish pond once and never liked the effect.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.