I have ordered a solar heater which I want to add to my pool this year. It is a 2' wide x 20' long heater. I am trying to figure out what items I need to install it. Here is a diagram of how I think it's supposed to be installed:
After the water leaves the pool and flows through the filter pump, it then comes to point 1 where there is a diverter valve which allows me to divert some of the water to the solar heater. The diverted water then returns at point 2 and rejoins the water entering the pool.
1. Is this the correct setup?
2. Do I need two diverter valves at points 1 and 2? Or do I just need a 3-way splitter at point 2?
3. Do I install the diverter on the outlet pipe of the filter pump itself? Or do I run a short length of hose from the filter pump to the diverter valve?
4. I need to buy the additional runs of hose to go to and from the solar heater (about 20' from my pump). I believe that the hose for my pool is 1-1/4" diameter. I found 1-1/4" hose on Amazon that says it is for pool vacuums. Is that OK to use?
5. Any recommendations of a particular brand/style of diverter?
6. Do I simply use hose clamps to connect the hoses at each connection?
7. Is there anything else I need to know?
Thanks in advance for any help!