Possible Chlorine Emergency?

May 12, 2015
River Edge, NJ
I have an above ground pool with an automatic chlorine feeder. I had the water tested today and for some reason there was no chlorine in the water at all. So I filled the feeder up to the brim with chlorine tabs. The problem is that when I turned the water shut off valve back on the pvc valve broke in the open position so I can't run the pump until I get that fixed. My question is, is it ok that the chlorine is just sitting in the feeder without the pool running? Will this damage the feeder or plumbing in any way?

The chlorine in the feeder is fine with the pool pump off for a very long time without any problems.

On the other hand, the pool still needs some chlorine one way or another.

Do you have water test results that you can post? Also, how does the water look?

I would be curious what your test results are, especially your CYA level.

You can manually chlorinate with liquid bleach and brushing the pool thoroughly. Right now, that is your only option without a working pump/filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.