Help choosing pump and filter for new AGP

Hello, new to the forum. We are purchasing a new 21' 54" round AGP. The store tried to sell us a filter system as part of a package. The pump was a 2hp 2 speed and the filter was a 200sqft cartridge for over $900. I knew this was too big/too expensive for what we need. I can't find anything recent on here and I am looking for what would be the best set up for our pool. Looking for reviews/opinions on items currently on the market. Thanks in advance!

A 2HP pump is, to be polite - too large for your pool. As Jason said - 1 HP 2 speed should be a much better fit, along with that 200 Sq Ft filter. Heck - I should have gotten the 1 HP 2 speed myself - that's probably what I will get next time. I could go back to a 3/4 HP Hayward Powerflo II (that I happen to have as a spare) on mine and it would probably work just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.