Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coudy water, how long to clear

1. Back To Top    #1

Coudy water, how long to clear

I noticed my water was cloudy this morning. I did a test and came up with:
    CL-2 -CC-0

It's a salt pool. I immediately added acid and my PH is now 7.2. If the PH was the issue, how long should it take to clear the water? Any other suggestions?
    16 X 32 Vinyl. Hayward aqua rite salt system, T -15 cell. Hayward H250 gas heater, Hayward 1HP superpump.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: Coudy water, how long to clear

It is hard to say how long it might take. Keep your filter running as much as possible and this will help. Glad you reduced PH. Looks like you need some FC in there though.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Suwanee, GA

I'd agree with Lisa. With the CYA at 80, I'd run the FC at least 4.

When I notice my pool being a bit cloudy, I'll usually boost my SWG and run the pump overnight. Pool will be crystal clear the next morning.
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Columbia, SC

I agree with the others that your FC is low, but your cloudy water may have been a combination of your high CH and high pH causing calcium cloudiness.

With your pH being over 8 it would allow the ch to start precipitating, giving you that dull cloudy look.

Try keeping your pH to around 7.2 for now and run your filter for 24 hours to see if that doesn't help.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the help everyone. The pool was clear the next morning after adding 5L of CL
    16 X 32 Vinyl. Hayward aqua rite salt system, T -15 cell. Hayward H250 gas heater, Hayward 1HP superpump.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Tucson, AZ

I would be a little more proactive and raise the FC up to 10+ and Perform the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if there is a need to SLAM.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!