Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stuco finish opinions - Fine or Medium?

1. Back To Top    #1

Stuco finish opinions - Fine or Medium?

I got 2 samples of BMI synthetic stucco in a fine and medium finish but I can't decide. Wife thinks the Medium looks good, I'm going to let the Pro's and Con's decide. Beside looks, will there be any difference in the process to apply? I think the medium is more forgiving for the novice anything else I should be concerned about?
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stuco finish opinions - Fine or Medium?

Do you have children? How does it feel if you brush up against it? That is what I thought about when you asked. I do not know what they look like though.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm looking to do stucco also, where did you buy the BMI synthetic stucco? I had the same question, I did not know what texture I wanted.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you're in the bay, go to calply aka lw supply. I went there to order dryvit then they said bmi is cheaper and works the same in case i want to have other option. Got me 2 fee samples 2 colors 2 finishes

I like the fine finish but it appears to be harder to get a consistent finish. I may go with medium.
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********