Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to attach solar cover to reel

1. Back To Top    #1

How to attach solar cover to reel

I bought a manual reel for my solar cover from eBay. It came with no directions. I was able to put it together but not sure on how to attach the cover. There are 5-6 straps. I assume I need to make a few punctures in the cover to run the straps. If so maybe 3 inches apart? The pool is bean shaped, so I am thinking maybe attaching a few feet from the very end of the cover. Any thoughts or recommendations on this?

13000 gallon pool, SWG, DE Filter, 2 sheer descent waterfalls, built Jan 2014

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to attach solar cover to reel

Velcro for straps to tubes, straps to cover/thru cover with clips....can get all in one package with a solar cover strap 'kit' like108782.jpg
    20K gal, vinyl, 1 HP Challenger 2-spd pump, 300 lb sand filter, Raypak 266K BTU, 45M stenner pumpin' bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I usually make a small fold on the end of the cover to double it up when attaching the straps.
    16x32 vinyl ig with foxguard steel walls,gli liner ,hayward de filter,hayward heatpro heat pump,hayward colorlogic 4.0 led.pentair circular weir skimmers.hayward sharkvac xl robot,gli mesh cover.polk atrium speakers,sonos music system.erie pa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the input. It seems each system has their own method. I eventually figured this one out. The tabs has a screw that goes through the liner and attaches to a tab. These then are looped to the strap

13000 gallon pool, SWG, DE Filter, 2 sheer descent waterfalls, built Jan 2014