Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner replacement

Hey all,

Good to be back on TFPC I learned a lot last season and had a great beautiful summer. Well, over the winter I had an issue and well my liner is now shredded with no water in the pool.
    I don't think I'm going to be able to replace it myself. I live in northwest Indiana. Is there anyone from around here that knows a good reliable company that can do this for me? I've always done everything myself, so I don't know any installers.

Thank you!!
    21'x52 AGP 11200 Gal
    TFPC Method

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Liner replacement

Can you post details of your pool and update your signature please. It will help us on how to direct you.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm not sure I know how to add the signature. I use Tapatalk. Anyway, it is a 21' x 48".
    5 years old.
    Beaded liner.
    TFPC method
    21'x52 AGP 11200 Gal
    TFPC Method

4. Back To Top    #4

Andy, call your local,pool stores and ask them about their installers. This is prime time though and you will probably wait for an opening. Also beware that some installers won't install a liner If its bought online but only through the pool company they deal with. Its a liability issue. At least that's what I was told looking into my install after a motorcycle accident with hubby.

Honestly though, this is a simple project you can research on YouTube n complete with a couple friends over a case of beer.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I've watched almost all the youtube videos on this... I'm a pretty confident DIYer with other household things but I became weary of wrinkles and getting the bottom coping and sand correct. Along with the dual main drains I have. Also, I've heard that it must be 80 plus degrees to do this for 2 consecutive days. I will do more research but I just want it to be right
    21'x52 AGP 11200 Gal
    TFPC Method

6. Back To Top    #6

I got a quote for $540 from a very popular and reliable installer. That was the best price if I decide to get it done for me. Also have to wait till middle of June.
    21'x52 AGP 11200 Gal
    TFPC Method

7. Back To Top    #7

Is that what you're going to do? Have it done by an installer? June is only a few weeks away.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

I think I decided to go ahead and do it myself. I'm going to pick up the new liner tomorrow and install it on Thursday.
    21'x52 AGP 11200 Gal
    TFPC Method