Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should I sell the Pentair Racer for a Polaris 280?

1. Back To Top    #1

San Antonio, TX

Should I sell the Pentair Racer for a Polaris 280?

We just remodeled our pool and I went with all new Pentair equipment. The Pentair Racer had a problem with the reverse cycle and the rep came over to take a look. They ended up replacing the whole unit so now I could sell it on eBay as new. I like the Racer a lot but I'm worried about repair costs down the road. When he took it apart it looked like a lot of moving parts to potentially fail. It's not something you can go down to the local pool store and get parts on the weekend. The local pool store says just get the 280 and be done. It's proven and easy to service and repair. I get a 3 year warranty on the Racer because I purchased at least 3 pentair products. it's a hard choice. What would you recommend.

30,000 Gallon geometric 40'x20' French Gray Quartzscape, 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ,Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 520sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Intellibright 5G

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Should I sell the Pentair Racer for a Polaris 280?

Hey Redixon, Welcome to TFP!

I would suggest selling it and getting a really nice Robot with that size of pool. They really are excellent, and you don't have to run the pumps to use them. By most all accounts, they clean far better too. Just something to think about..
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr