Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Took full results with K-2006 first time

1. Back To Top    #1

Took full results with K-2006 first time

Pool is roughly 13.5k gallons

Cya 90 (not sure if you go until the dot is completely gone, may be higher as I made sure to let eyes adjust and squinted )
    P.H 7.3-7.5 (looked like the color could sit between 7.2-7.4 and 7.4-7.6)
    TA 90
    CH 280
    FC 0

my pump sucks in air and I have a guy coming Tuesday to help me get figure it out.

Looks like I just need to add 280 oz of 6% chlorine? That's the highest strength I can find. Or is it cheaper overall to go get a stronger one from a pool store?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Took full results with K-2006 first time

Glad you got your test kit! CYA test can be tricky, but you get the hang of it after awhile.
    Yes add bleach. You will likely find it in 8.25% just regular bleach. Make sure it says 8.25% on it and no easy pour splash less or scents. In pool math you can change the percent to 8.25% 6 is just the default.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

I was just basing that on the chlorine I actually have, it is 6%. Everything else look okay?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Jfdelman View Post
    I was just basing that on the chlorine I actually have, it is 6%. Everything else look okay?
    Ah ok. Double check the date on it as if it is from last year it probably has lost strength. Your numbers looks good other hand FC which you know. As for CYA do you have a SWG? If so you probably want to lower CYA to around 75. If not then you will want to lower it to 30-50. To do this you will have to drain some water and refill until you get to where you want to be.

Could you update your signature in settings with your pool, equipment and test kit info. It really helps us to know these things.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

Finished, I think.
    Jeff

30' x 17' plaster pool 13.5k gallons (roughly), The Pool Cleaner (two wheel), Taylor k-2006, Pentair WhisperFlo 1.0hp, Purex triton WhisperFlo .5 hp (no idea why there's two pumps)

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Jfdelman View Post
    Finished, I think.
    Signature looks great!

- - - Updated - - -

You don't show a SWG, so being in CA I would lower your CYA to around 45. Just do gradual drain and refill process. Drain just below the return then refill and repeat a couple times. Then re test CYA.

How does your water look?
    Lisa

7. Back To Top    #7

No SWG. I would love to get my CYA lower but we are in a drought and don't feel right wasting water. Water looks great, been blue since I moved in.
    Jeff

30' x 17' plaster pool 13.5k gallons (roughly), The Pool Cleaner (two wheel), Taylor k-2006, Pentair WhisperFlo 1.0hp, Purex triton WhisperFlo .5 hp (no idea why there's two pumps)

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

You will lose some CYA with splash out and backwashing so that is fine.
    Lisa