Question about Aquapure 1400

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
So as you may have seen on one of my other threads, I swapped out my Jandy Plus HP 2.5 hp pump for a Pentair VS 3hp pump. After some challenges, the variable speed pump is working great, however the Salt Generator appears to not one to chlorinate below 1950 rpm's or so. Even more perplexing is that it will start chlorinating at 1100rpm and then switch to no flow, then I switch it up to a higher rpm and still it just sits in no flow. I had no issues with no flow before I switched the pump. I did take a look at the flow switch and it was perfectly clean. Do I just have to live with running the pump at a higher speed, is this normal for this Salt unit? My heat pump was working fine at 1950rpm, I would assume the salt generator would need less than that?

Just to add the Aquapure is part of the Aqualink PDA system.

Thanks

That is very strange indeed. I posted on your other thread and will post my numbers here for reference since I have the same pump. My SWG will work at 900 rpm if the filter is clean and 1100 rpm no matter how the filter is. I get lots of flow through my solar panels at 1950 rpm.
Here are my ideas so far.
When is the last time you cleaned the filter?
What is the pressure?
How does the water flow feel in the pool returns?
Does your plumbing have lots of twists and turns?
Any valves that might be closed?
Post a pic of your plumbing and let's see if we see anything.

- - - Updated - - -

It is possible that there is turbulence going into the SWG giving a false flow error.

Normally I had 20 psi at the filter, now I have 5 at 1950. It's possible that's because the laminars are off, but I couldn't run them at the lower speed. It definitely seems it doesn't like the lower rpm. I'll try 1750 and see if it will live like that.

The Jandy SWG's require at least 30 GPM which is on the high side for SWG's.

I have had issues with low flow and they seem to be random if the flow is near 30 GPM. My Jandy cell died last week and I made the switch yesterday to Hayward and right away it was making chlorine on low-speed. From what I have researched the Haywards needs only about 1/2 the flow compared to the Jandys.

The Jandy SWG's require at least 30 GPM which is on the high side for SWG's.

I have had issues with low flow and they seem to be random if the flow is near 30 GPM. My Jandy cell died last week and I made the switch yesterday to Hayward and right away it was making chlorine on low-speed. From what I have researched the Haywards needs only about 1/2 the flow compared to the Jandys.

Unfortunately, the SWG is part of the automation system so it doesn't really make sense to switch it. I'll just have to live with the higher flow requirements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.