Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fixing Leak In Intex

1. Back To Top    #1

Janesville WI

Fixing Leak In Intex

Just a FYI for all the Intex owners who are attempting to patch a hole in the liner. If filling initially for the season, fill just enough to cover the bottom, then check for leaks, helps if the ground cover is completely dry. Find leak, circle leak with sharpie pen, lay on ground and use your foot to push the liner back, use a leaf blower while holding liner with foot, have helper prep patch. While laying on ground holding liner with foot, have dog come over and start licking your face like crazy, then have helper start screaming that the patch is not holding, while being attacked by dog and holding liner with one foot, attempt to help helper with free hand all while laying on the ground. Then the rain comes, laying on your back holding liner with one foot while dog is licking your face and holding the leaf blower to keep the water away from the patch, start leg shaking, saying that you can't hold it anymore. Release liner and watch patch fall off, run to hardware store and get patch kit with the glue. Repeat all steps over again while laying in the rain. Ahhh the things we do for our pools. Happy patching!
    Intex 18x48/2650 Sand/56601E SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: Fixing Leak In Intex

I am sorry your dog decided to assist you in the repair.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow, that's got my patching last year beat, and that was pretty wild!
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Virginia Beach, Va

Omg! I think I'll pass on this method. LOL
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

Oh ghesh....
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter